We have the knowledge and experience to ensure your direct mail postcard campaign is handled hassle-free, on time, and on budget. Plus, with our guidance and superior quality, your direct mail campaign is sure to exceed your goals.
Popular Direct Mail Postcard Mailing Services
Below are the most popular mailing services that successful companies use when taking advantage of direct mail postcards. We also offer a wide range of other direct mail services you can check out by visiting our direct mail marketing services page.
- Every Door Direct Mail, or EDDM: Deliver your postcards to every address on a chosen mailing route.
- Custom Mailing Lists: Send your direct mail postcards using a custom business or consumer mailing list based on industry, sales volume, household size, income, and more.
- Proximity Mailing: Send your most successful customers’ neighbors a direct mail postcard to build strong brand awareness in a community.
- Birthday Marketing: Each month, wish your audience a happy birthday with a custom-designed birthday postcard.
- Direct Mail Automation: Send direct mail postcards the same way you send emails (with a click of a button or through a triggered, automated campaign.)
- Postcard Commingling: Send as few direct mail postcards as you’d like while still taking advantage of bulk mail discounts.
Direct mail postcard printing tips:
Tip 1: Postal regulations require heavy stock for direct mail postcard printing such as 10pt or 14pt cover. UV coatings give printed postcards additional protection from damage during the mailing and machine sorting processes. Postcard coatings can be glossy, matte, or dull for protection without the heavy sheen.
Tip 2: Effective direct mail postcards will stand out from other items in recipients' mailboxes, and good use of color, high-contrast, an intriguing call to action, and short and concise messaging are some of the most important ways to make a postcard eye-catching.
Tip 3: For direct mail postcards, remember to leave room for the stamp or mailing indicia in the top right corner of your postcard design as well as the sender’s and receiver’s address. Blank space for mailing information must be at least 4” x 2.25” for all direct mail postcard sizes.
Direct Mail Postcard Postage Basics
When it comes to postcard postage, certain direct mail postcard quantities can qualify for reduced postage costs which the USPS refers to as "bulk mail.” Bulk mail is cheaper than single-piece postage rates because your direct mail postcard provider (or you, depending on your provider or preference) handles a lot of the work the USPS would otherwise have to handle—like sorting by ZIP codes and bundling.
For bulk mail postage discounts, the 3 most common mail methods are Fist-Class Mail, Standard Mail, and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM).
First Class Mail is cheaper than single piece mailings, but more expensive than Standard Mail and EDDM. However, it it viewed as the most important type of mail and therefore is delivered the fastest. You also must mail at least 500 postcards to qualify for First Class postage rates.
Standard Mail is much cheaper than First Class Mail but has a longer delivery time. To qualify for Standard Mail, you much mail at least 200 postcards.
EDDM is the cheapest bulk mail option, however, you are limited to mailing only 6.26” x 9” postcards or 6” x 11” postcards as well as other flat and folded EDDM mailer sizes.
While postage discounts using First Class Mail and Standard Mail require you to mail a minimum number of postcards if you’re not willing to increase your postcard quantity or mailing list, consider taking advantage of Postcard Commingling so you can mail to as few people as you’d like while still qualifying for bulk mail discounts.
Our In-House Mail Center, Knowledge, & Mailing Experience
Our mail center and direct mail experts can help identify the best way to deliver your postcards. And, with multiple mail centers across the country, we will ensure your direct mail postcards are delivered in the fastest and most affordable way possible.
Not only do our full-service mail centers provide fast delivery across the country, but we also have everything you need to mail your postcards no matter how large or small.
Some of our services include:
- Mailing list cleansing and de-duping
- Presorting, CASS certification, Postcard Commingling and Intelligent Mail Barcoding for the lowest possible postage rates
- NCOA processing
- Complete ink-jetting and addressing capabilities
- Direct mail postcards can be addressed as they are printed, resulting in fewer handling steps
- Automatic envelope insertion
Save time and money by mailing your direct mail postcards direct to your prospects and customers with Conquest Graphics’ in-house mailing center!
For more information, please refer to our mailing services page or contact our direct mail experts at 804-591-3352.