In your business, it’s important to keep your operational costs down. That even includes, you guessed it, printing. Many business owners and managers decide to make a change in favor of online printing in an effort to cut down on costs, speed up the printing process, and even improve results.
But switching to an online printer has to be a daunting process and a major stress, right?
Actually, making the transition to online printing is easier than you may think. For starters:
- Online printing costs less.
- There’s a wider selection of products.
- There are more services available.
- It takes less time to order (you don’t even have to leave your home or office).
A new process for getting print work done may not sound very inviting to you. So below are some tips to ensure an easy transition.
5 Tips For Making The Switch To Online Printing Easy
1. Have your information handy in order to get an online price quote
Think about the type of print product you want to order. Consider things like:
- Number of colors
- Type of paper stock
If you’re not really sure what you want, that’s okay. Your online printer should make it easy by giving you standard options. Customer service and expertise are a big differentiator for online businesses. Reach out to them and pick the one that makes your life the easiest.
2. Consider the delivery options before you get started
Will you need this sent to just one address or to several? How quickly do you need it delivered? While online printing is usually far less expensive, you need to account for shipping costs. The more flexible you are with delivery demands, the more you’ll be able to save.
If your order isn’t a rush job, you will pay significantly less. The key to lowering costs is planning ahead and allowing yourself (and your printer) enough time to get the job done without having to rush it out.
3. Know which printing process will work best for you
Do you need digital printing or offset printing? How about variable imaging? If you know exactly what you need, great–you have a head start. But don’t sweat it if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for (or even know what “variable imaging” is).
The customer service representatives at any reputable online printer will guide you through the process to ensure you get exactly what you need.
4. Get multiple price quotes before you place your order
With online printing, it’s easy to get price quotes for variations of your order, so take advantage! Check the pricing for different quantities, different sizes or paper stock to see what works best. Most online printer websites will instantly show new pricing information for every detail you adjust about your order–something that can take a while with traditional print businesses.
5. Have your credit card handy when you’re ready to place the order
Once you’ve gotten a few price quotes, you can easily order your selection with just a click of the button. So be ready in advance with your credit card. Some people are hesitant to pay in advance (especially the first time) but most online printers offer money-back guarantees and other security measures to make sure you get exactly what you want.
Still Uncomfortable With Making The Switch?
The fear of the unknown is often the biggest hurdle in doing business with an online company. If you’re still not comfortable in making “the leap” with a new printing vendor, here are some ways to authenticate their legitimacy:
- Call them: the expertise and professionalism of the person picking up the phone is a good indicator of how the company interacts with customers.
- Call again: see if you can get someone else on the line. Do they present themselves in a similar way? If so, this implies the company is legitimate with a well-trained customer service team.
- Ask them very specific product questions: if they stumble on basic questions about print products, hang up.
- Check their social channels: Are they both active and interactive on their channel? Phony, unreputable companies rarely put social media management at the top of their priority list.
- Google search their address: do you see a real office building, or an empty parking lot? (hint: an empty parking lot is NOT a good sign).
For business owners who have worked with the same local printer for years, the transition may seem stressful and overwhelming. But once you get started, you’ll never go back to traditional printing.
If you have any questions about ordering your print marketing materials online, do not hesitate to take advantage of the customer service department. They are happy to walk you through your first (and subsequent) order. Once you have been through the process once, you will never go back.
Contact Conquest Graphics at 800-707-9903 to get started with your printing today.
Check Out the Direct Mail Idea Pack