Print marketing campaigns are more than the designs of the materials themselves (although the graphic design is important as well). Your campaign has to be unique, with a strategy for not only producing your materials but for distributing them as well. Attractive, informative advertising also needs to be displayed and delivered to the appropriate customers at the most opportune times.
1. Testimonials – Potential voters or donators or customers love hearing good things from people that have worked with you in the past. These testimonials are especially vital for service-related charities. For example,a blood collection service, for example, can only present so many visuals or figures in the process of trying to gain donor trust. A donor who discusses some of the "feel-good" factors of giving will go a long way. An online printing company like Conquest Graphics can add these testimonials onto just about any print marketing material in a way that will be attractive and professional.
2. Brochure printing – Brochure printing in general is a very important, often overlooked tool for many organizations. Customers still like having information and images they can literally hold in their hands and examine. Research shows that Americans retain 23% more information if it’s printed instead of posted electronically; take advantage of this! Explain and describe your service in a brochure and distribute them anywhere your client base may frequent.
3. Postcard printing – Postcard printing is another important marketing tool for businesses—and for certain businesses in particular. The fashion industry, food service, and real estate are three examples that benefit from postcard printing in direct mail marketing. A snapshot of a delicious meal, a photo of a gorgeous outfit, or an image of a beautiful home with immaculate landscaping is the best way to market each respective product. Plus postcards are relatively inexpensive and easy to mail.
4. Business cards – Business card printing is very common, but it is also very common for them to be distributed poorly. The most obvious distribution method is person-to-person, whether during a casual introduction with a friend or a professional meeting. While these are helpful, many businesses limit themselves to this method. You can also tack them onto community boards, submit them in restaurant and bar contests, include them with your products and your other literature, and even target specific areas to street canvas.
5. Linking URLs to print – One important direct mail marketing campaign is to link any electronic resources to your print materials. The best strategies incorporate both traditional advertising to modern tools, like email listings, QR codes, and interactive websites. Fortunately, by selecting a web URL that is simple to remember and is very short, you can tack the URL itself onto just about any print materials you order; brochures, banners, posters, business cards, etc.
Groups and organizations should always remember that good campaign techniques not only require that you select cost-effective, well-designed marketing materials, but that you also make smart, strategic distribution decisions. Make sure that your beautiful and informative postcards and trifolds reach the intended audience so that they never go to waste! Planning how best to advertise your product or service extends well beyond the moment when your direct mail marketing supplies show up on your doorstep in a package
For more information and resources for all of your printing, graphic design or mailing needs, please visit www.conquestgraphics.com